This release is available as multiple OPAM switches:
- 4.05.0 — Official 4.05.0 release
- 4.05.0+flambda — Official 4.05.0 release with flambda enabled
- 4.05.0+fp — Official 4.05.0 release with frame pointers
- 4.05.0+safe-string - Official 4.05.0 release with
- 4.05.0+spacetime - Official 4.05.0 release with
- 4.05.0+afl — Official 4.05.0 release with support for afl-fuzz instrumentation
OCaml 4.05 comprises mainly bug fixes, with some improvements in performance and usability. For a comprehensive list of changes and details on all new features, bug fixes, optimizations, etc., please consult the changelog. There is also a crowdsourced annotated changelog for 4.05.0 which contains extra commentaries and examples.
Source tarball (.tar.gz) for compilation under Unix (including Linux and MacOS X) and Microsoft Windows (including Cygwin).
Also available in .zip format.
OPAM is a source-based distribution of OCaml and many companion libraries and tools. Compilation and installation are automated by powerful package managers.
The official development repo is hosted on GitHub.
Additionally, the following projects allow you to compile OCaml code to targets traditionally associated with other languages:
OCaml-java is a stable OCaml to Java compiler.
The user's manual for OCaml can be: